Friday, May 22, 2009

Welcome to Big Fat Soap Blog

Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Debbie Richards and I am the founder of Big Fat Soap Co. Our mission is to create the finest-quality handcrafted soap made in small batches from scratch using natural plant based ingredients. The natural beauty and delightful scent of each bar is born from the subtle colors and fragrances of the plant botanicals and pure essential oils contained within.

In this age of instant-everything it seems too few of us bother to cook or bake from scratch, and why not? Grocery stores make it very easy for us to grab ready-made meals off the shelf that we simply bring home and pop in the microwave – voila! Dinner is served. But there is a growing movement of interested people who care about eating and using products that are less processed and in a more natural state. I’m definitely a part of that movement and have discovered that many of the people I know share my interest.

So while I enjoy making things like cheese, bread, and pasta from scratch, it’s the natural soap, and skin care products that I make that people are craving more of. A common question that I am frequently asked is, “How did you get into soap making?” To be honest, the answer is not a simple one. It seems that every experience I’ve had up until now has led me directly down this path. I’ll try to share more on that subject in future blogs.

I’ve just returned from my annual Handcrafted Soapmakers Guild conference in Palm Springs, California. Stay tuned for tips on how to make your own laundry detergent with left over bits of soap. Check us out at bigfatsoap.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment